This award is given to bloggers by bloggers, which I think is such a cool thing. I have met so many wonderful, sunshiney bloggers in my short time as The Married Cat Lady, and I’m tickled to be seen as a sunshiney blogger myself.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers who are creative, positive and inspiring.
So, once you are nominated for this award the blogger is asked to write a post in which they:
- Thank the blogger who nominated them and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated them.
- Nominate 11 other blogs and give them 11 new questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post/ on your blog!
Ok, let’s do this! Here are the questions Hazel gave me:
What do you hope your readers find in your blog?
Hmm, well mostly I want my readers to find enjoyment. I want people to want to read my writing. Depending on what the post is about, I may want them to laugh, or cry, or both! I hope that when someone visits my blog, they want to keep coming back.
When reading other blogs what do you most like to read about?
I love reading all sorts of blogs– humor, travel, wedding, lifestyle, beauty, whatever it may be. The days when I try to catch up on my reader, I get sucked into a black hole because I want to read everything!
But, I think my favorite blogs to read, are the ones that make me giggle, or go, “YASSSSSSS!” 🙂
Where are you most likely to be found on a Sunday afternoon?
Laying on my couch, snuggling my fur babies, and binge watching whatever TV show I’m into at the moment. (Lately, Jane the Virgin, or my usual Friends or Parks and Rec.)
Would you describe yourself as traditional?
In what sense of the word? Actually, that doesn’t really matter because I don’t think so, no.
Well, maybe a little. I’m not sure.
Horrible answer, I know, sorry!
If you could live somewhere else in the world where would you choose?
Prior to my most recent vacation, I definitely would have said somewhere with a beach close by, but we just returned from our trip to London, and I absolutely loved it there. I don’t know if I got to know the city well enough to say I’d want to live there with only three short days, but I really, really loved it, and I’m saying it anyway: LONDON!
Tell us about 2 of the most important people in your life?
- My hubs, Steve, is my favorite human. He is kind, funny, supportive, loving– plus, he’s pretty cute. There’s no one else I’d rather spend the next 50 years annoying.
- My sister, Rachel, is my second favorite human (which she hates because she’s not number one). One time we bought foam swords and chased each other around my mom’s house; that about sums up our relationship. I also plan on annoying her for the next 50 years.
(I’ve written whole blog posts about both of these wonderful humans, feel free to check them out, linked above.)
Other than blogging, how else do you express your creativity?
Writing is definitely my biggest creative outlet. Besides my blog, I’m also currently writing a young adult novel.
I sometimes spontaneously burst into dance if I’m feeling spunky– does that count? (See Monica GIF, above.)
What can’t you stop yourself buying?
Cat or elephant-shaped knick-knacks. I don’t know what it is, but whenever I see one, I have to have it.
What do you love about yourself?
I mean, I’m pretty awesome, so… everything?
Just kidding. One of my favorite things about myself is my “quirkiness.” I’m not afraid to be myself and let my freak flag fly.
Which season is your favorite* and why?
Probably fall. I love wearing boots and scarves and cardigans; I love the smell of the crisp air in September and October; when I was teaching, I always loved the start of the new school year.
But then again, I love summer– pool days, backyard parties, patio drinking.
*Sorry, my American is showing; I took out the u.
Leave us with one of your favorite* quotes.
“Whether you think you can, or think you can’t, you’re right.” -Henry Ford
This was always on my wall in my classroom.
“We do not need magic to change the world. We carry all the power we need inside ourselves already: we have the power to imagine better.” -JK Rowling
I’m cheating again, but I have to include Jo, too! Pretty much everything she’s ever said or written (except The Casual Vacancy) makes me swoon.
*I did it again… I can’t help it!
– – –
Now it’s my turn! The blogs below are all kickass, so you’ve probably been nominated before, but I don’t care because I think you’re doubly (triply, maybe– is triply a word?!) sunshiney:
And here are my questions for you:
Let’s start with some basic blogging Qs…
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- How did you come up with the name of your blog?
- Where do you write your blog posts?
And now some random, but very important Qs I thought of off the top of my head…
- Which Hogwarts house would you be sorted into? (Here’s a link, if you need it.)
- Are you a cat person or a dog person? (Or neither?!)
- Backstreet Boys or *Nysnc?
- What is your favorite TV show to binge watch?
- Describe yourself in 3 words.
- What is the last thing you ate?
- Who would you pick to be your celebrity BFF?
- What is the last picture you took on your phone?
– – –
Once again, thanks and hugs to Hazel at SayIDoOnABudget for thinking of me as a sunshiney blogger!
P.S. If you’re here, reading this, I think YOU are sunshiney as well! Feel free to answer any/ all of these Qs in the comments! I would love to hear your answers! (I kind of want to answer them myself…)